Searching for the Friendly Shore
A downloadable game
Thrown from their ill fated home and cast out to sea, our Voyagers are forced to find a new shore to call home. As they sail against the winds of fate and grapple with what lies beneath the waves and within their hearts, our Voyagers will discover themselves on the journey home.
Searching for the Friendly Shore is a narrative driven storytelling game in the style of ancient world epic poetry. One player assumes the role of the Chorus, setting the scene with trials filled with opportunities and obstacles. The remaining players assume the role of Voyagers, creating heroes who persevere.
To play the game, grab a few friends, a way to take notes, and a handful of dice with six sides (1d6) or free dice rolling application.
Touchpoints & Inspiration: Greco-Roman Mythology, the Aeneid, Plays that utilize a Chorus
What do you need to play the game?
- A few friends.
- A way to take notes.
- A couple dice with six sides or a free dice rolling application. .
Key Features of Searching for the Friendly Shore Include
- Narrative focused game emphasizing collaborative storytelling.
- Game master (Chorus) and players (Voyagers) are encouraged to work together to determine the outcome of dice rolls.
- Simple dice rolling mechanic.
The Full PDF Includes Two Version of the Game:
- 2 Page Version: Fits on 2 pages. Uses 10 point font.
- Text Only Version: Uses Comic Sans MS and 12 point font. Features black text on off white background.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Up All Night Jam Community Copies
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Free Community Copy
If you were a part of making the Up All Night Jam happen (players, designers and hosts), feel free to pick up a community copy of Searching for the Friendly Shore.
Thank you for all that you do!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.